To some of us, I guess, blogs take the place of soap-operas where we can see all the ups and downs as the writer stumbles through life and we can all share a little in the joy and sadness along the way.
I don't tend to show all of my life here - I started this blog to share how we were DIYing our home back together, over time, and due to my circumstances it became more about the little DIYs, cooking, mending and painting than the big renovation jobs. But I don't tend to go into lots of detail about our private lives, religious or political views, there are no birth stories, no breastfeeding woes, no political hobby-horsing and no bereaving the death of a loved one - I crave writing about all these things too, but I'm not for sharing too much of what should remain between friends and family.
I have been away for a while, and it was one of those times when real life had to take priority over writing and taking photos.
I've been battling the ridiculous condition that pregnancy caused on my body, and the knock-on effects on my mental health. I have been in the care of various health care professionals - some of whom have been amazing, some have been god-awful.
After a short while of wallowing I started getting on with some everyday busying. In between looking after the 2 little-uns I have been making, painting, cleaning, teaching, weaning, voting, cooking and general busy stuff - Perhaps I'll remember to bring y'all up to date on what I have been doing over the coming weeks... stay tuned.
What I have discovered -
- Keeping myself busy is the best way for me to cope with the crap life throws at me.
- I am a multi-tasker who needs to see results.
- Some folks in the medical profession are completely clueless when it comes to mental health (I was told to drink wine, on my own, and watch crap telly to deal with my mild depression - it didn't help)
- I have less patience with others than I thought I did.
- Medical professionals find it almost impossible to see you as a multi-dimensional human being.
- I need to work hard at taking care of myself.
So I'm back for now, I think, but I do need to work hard at getting the balance right. I love my wee blog and I love that you guys are out there reading my wee blog... I hope I can stick around for now.