Monday 7 March 2011

This isn't the end....

We had a quick visit to our house yesterday and, it was a bit of a shock if I'm honest - I thought we were much closer to going home than we are in reality.... it knocked me quite speechless... 

I think I was suffering from a severe case of 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' along with the house being cold and dark and dirty... I stood speechless and just stared... sometimes it is really tough to get beyond that initial reaction. It reminded me of what an uphill battle we have ahead of us.
"This isn't the end. It isn't even the beginning of the end. But it is perhaps, the end of the beginning" Winston Churchill

But, on a more positive note, we were dropping off the tiles and toilet for the downstairs bathroom, some paint for the kitchen and some floor varnish... next visit to the house will hopefully involve installing some of them.

- - -

One of the reasons we are unable to get to the house very often is that we have been moving about again.... we have moved an awful lot in the past year and each time we do it it takes several days to get settled... trying our best to make a home from home wherever we are. 

Between moving about, family, and a full time day job OH has been making frequent 60 mile round trips to the house to talk to the various trades employed there.

We really need to focus on getting back home. The moving and organising the build from such a distance is just such a HUGE drain on resources we need to bring it to a close.
"Striving to put right what once went wrong , and hoping each time that his next leap, will be the leap home" Quantum Leap 
While planning our next move, wherever it might be to, and to keep our spirits up we have been watching:

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments, they really make my day! I try to respond when I can.

I moderate all comments to cut out the stinky spam. So please be patient if it hasn't popped up immediately.

If you ask a question remember to check back for an answer later.

Thank-you, you wonderful peeps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...